Saturday, March 19, 2016

The Day Before...August 16, 2002

My friend, Jeff
It was a day like any other. However, this was always my favorite day of the week, Sunday. Many had accused me over the years that it was the only day I worked. They would say that, turn away, and laugh under their breath. Somehow, I always believed they meant it. You see, I'm a pastor, hence the joke.
I remember that morning....mostly. For many months, I couldn't remember what went on not only on that day, but many days before that. The night before, a good friend of mine, Jeff, came over to deliver some signs he had created for our church. They looked good. We encouraged each other, laughed together, and after many joyous moments, he left and returned home.
Little did I know this Saturday was my last normal Saturday. Next was years of questioning, pain, sleeplessness, and rehab. None of this was not in my plan for my life.

No comments: