Thursday, March 29, 2012

In His Presence

What happened next is what I will always remember. Interestingly enough, my neuro-psychologist tells me I should not be able to remember my thoughts. He doesn't even think that it is a hallucination or a dream, because my memory from that time was wiped clear from drugs and operations and brain tissue loss and the like. So, he actually has no explanation. He told me that it was something much deeper and more profound that anything he understood or has studied or even heard of.


Here is my experience:

I was lying on a bed in the dark. It was not a scary dark, but the kind of dark that you feel comfortable in. I have described it as being at my grandmom and grandad's home after a big day of eating and festivities and all was right in the world. As I laid there, I felt a presence with me. For the record, I saw no light at the end of a tunnel or any angelic beings. The presence gave me a sense of assurance and warmth from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet. I knew that no matter where I was and what was happening to me, I was alright. I had a sense that a comforter was draped over me as I looked up into the darkness.

As I was lying there in the Presence, I knew that the presence was God. I never saw Him, but I knew He was there...right beside me. Then, I began to experience great feeling of euphoria. I had a peace that I had never before or since experienced. At the same time, there was an incredible joy that was welling up inside me. There was also a great attitude of submission. As I lay there, I wasn't thinking about how I could make a bargain with God or try to talk Him into letting me go back to my life as before. The only words that reverberated in my mind were, "Thy will be done...Thy will be done...Thy will be done."

How long was I like that? I have no idea. I call a "moment in time." Time seemed to stop, and I could not sense if had been there minutes, hours, or days.

As quickly as I was ushered into His presence, I was taken away and thrust into reality. I would soon experience what was happening in the former world I had been a part of only a little while ago.


I opened my eyes looked around me and far from the comfort of the warm darkness, everything I saw was white and harsh. The only comfort near me was My wife...her face was tenderly next to mine. Kelly was saying something, but I wasn't listening to her. All I could get out was. "What happened?"

Just as quickly as that experience started, it was gone.

No comments: